Flashcards in Changes in Statement of Equity Deck (3)
What is the format for the Statement of changes in stockholder's equity?
1. column headings identify individual stockholder's equity accounts
2. events changing stockholder's equity accounts are listed chronologically to the left
3. the body of the statement is presented in terms of the dollar impact of various transactions and events
4. the impact of the transactions on the number of shares of stock, if any, is presented in the description to the left
5. the ending balances tie to the items presented in the stockholder's equity section f the BS on the same dates
See 2134.01 for example
What is the similarities between GAAP and IFRS in regards to statement of changes in stockholder's equity?
1. Both use the term "retained earnings"