Flashcards in Chapter 11 Test Questions Deck (40)
1. Trichologogy is the scientific study of ____ including its care and disorders.
2. The main component of the hair is a ________ called keratin.
3. The part of the hair that extends above the skin surface is the ______.
4. The demal papilla is surrounded by the _________.
5. Hairs natural tendency to flow to one side is called the ________
6. The hair bulb is the ______
Lower part if the hair root
7. The arrector pilli is a minute _____ in the skin attached to the underside and base of the hair follicle
Involuntary muscle fiber
8. The hair shaft consist of _______ main shafts.
9. Sweeping the hair raises the ______ of the cuticle layer and opens the space between them allowing liquid to penetrate.
10. Oxidation tints and other chemical hair products must have a pH _______
11. The ________ accounts for about 90 percent of the hairs weight
12. Hair that is missing the medulla is ________
13. Hair ______ mature in a process called keratinization.
14. The element in human hair ______ are sulfur, Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
15 _________ are made up of amino acids
16. The strongest chemical bond in the cortex are ________ bonds.
17. When __________ bonds are broken through over stretching or the use of strong acidic or alkaline solutions, the human hair can be weakened or damaged to the point of breakage.
Even a few
18. Hydrogen bonds add__________ to the hair and keep parallel polypeptide chains together.
19. Hydrogen bonds may be broken by _______
all answers are correct
20. Disulfide bonds are the _______ side bonds in the cortex
21. The atom of neighboring _______ amino acids that are joined together by disulfide bonds are atoms of sulfur
22. Black and brown hair color are provided by ________
23. Red through light blond color hair is provided by __________
24. Blonds must have approximately _______ hairs on the head.
25. Vellus or lanugo hair is _________ and appears nearly everywhere on the body
Short and fine
26. Hair growth is not increased by any of the following except________.
The time of the year
27. At any given time, about _______ percent of scalp hair is growing.
28. Hair texture is measured by the diameter of the hair strand and is classified as coarse ________ or fine.
29. Hair with a ______ texture has the largest diameter