Flashcards in chapter 15 test questions Deck (40)
1. The art of haircutting involves the _____ of the hair .
All answers are correct. (aac)
2. Any hairstyle that maintains or creates the impression of a _____ shape is usually suitable
Oval. (oval is the most preferred shape)
3. An off center part _____ a round face
Slims. (use a off center part to make the face look slim)
4. The aim with a _______ face is to fill out the temples and the chin
Diamond-shaped. (I found diamonds in the temple)
5. A ______ characteristics of an angular profile
Receding forehead and a chin that juts forward.
6. For a client with a ______ profile, the aim should be to conceal both forehead and chin.
Convex. (convex conceal the chin and forehead)
7. Style the hair so that it is longer at the nape to balance a blank ________
8. A _______ neck may be balanced with a haircut that is tapered
9. The _______ is part of the parietal ridge
10. The ______ is/are the widest section of the head
Parietal ridge. ( widest )
11. The highest part of the head is the ______.
12. The four corners are located by _______.
Crossing two diagonal lines at the Apex
13. _____ cutting lines are perpendicular to the floor
14. A stacked, layered effect at the perimeter is created with ___ cutting lines
15. A 90 degree elevation is ____ in men's haircutting
Most commonly used
16. An elevation of 0 to 45 degrees is considered ______ elevation
17. Cutting each section the same length results in _______
18. The outter perimeter of the hair cut is known as the _____
19. A ______ haircut is shorter at the nape and longer in the crown and top
20. A stationary guide at the perimeter creates ______.
A weight line
21. Texturing involves creating wispy or spiky effects in a haircut with
22. Use minimal to moderate tension when cutting _____ hair
Curly or wavy
23. Outlining is the process of marking the perimeter of the haircut in front, over the ears, and at the sides and _____
24. When the hair is combed away from its natural fall position, _______occurs
25. involves removing ______ from the hair
26. To maintain good control of the hair when performing fingers-and-shear cutting, the hair must be _____ and uniformly moist
27. _______ Is particular effective for thinning out hollows, whorls, and ragged patches
28. Generally, a _____cut is followed by shear-and-comb work to fine- tune the cut or to perform the arching technique
29. When cutting _____ or hair that does not grow uniformly , the best method is to cut in a circular motion