Flashcards in Come From Away Deck (9)
- Time was narrated by all the cast when the day changed eg: “Wednesday 12 of September”
- Fast paced, bold, purposeful movement (clutching head, rocking back and forth, stomping feet).
- Rain on the back wall
- Two white strips for the planes
- The stars
- Spotlights (Hannah and Beverly)
- Orange tinge when on the bus to convey early morning.
- Simple and fragmented costumes (jackets, hats, scarves)
- Different mayors (jacket, hat, glasses, moustache).
- Revolving stage (convey time and being stuck. Moving but not going anywhere)
- Doors (one opened vertically to convey the plane, the other opened like an actual door to convey to door of the church)
- Transformation of chairs which were all different (into car for Oz, the hike)
- All set was wooden (poles, chairs, floors, walls) that convey a small town feeling due to the lack of steel and glass that is linked with modern buildings.
- Blankets, boxes, phones.
- Zoe Getz (Beverly): spotlight that draws attention to her character as well as emotionally invest them in her story.
- Richard Piper (Claude): costume that changes to convey the different mayors.
- Nicolas Brown (Kevin J and Ali): changed accents when switching between characters Kevin J and Ali, changing from an American accent to an Indian accent