Flashcards in Data Protection Deck (5)
What are the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998?
- lawfully processed for relevant purpose
- Processed only for relevant purposes
- necessary and not excessive to hold
- up to date
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in line with the data subject rights
- Kept securely
- Not transferred to countries with different data protection laws.
Who polices the DPA 1998? And what is the penalty?
Information Commissions Office (ICO)
Penalty is a fine - £500k max
What is your company doing about GDPR?
When does GDPR come into force?
25 May 2018 (next Friday)