Flashcards in DERM - Benign skin tumors Deck (24):
what is leser trelat sign? what does it mean?
- sudden onset of numerous SKs
- may indicate an underlying visceral malignancy
what is the morphology of an acrochordon (skin tag)?
fibrovascular core covered by benign squamous epithelium
cyst with a punctum?
presentation: single subcutaneous nodule at birth on lateral aspect of upper eyelid
what is the cause of cowdens disease?
AD mutation of PTEN
what is the presentation for cowdens disease?
- oral lesions
- acral keratoses
- trichilemmoma**** (diagnostic)
cowdens disease carries a risk of cancer in what organs?
ghost cells are characteristic of _____________--
fibrofolliculomas, trichodiscomas, acrochordons - diagnosis?
what is important to know about nevus sebaceous?
they are benign, but secondary tumors can arise within
yellowish dome shaped papules with central punctum?
what skin condition is seen in muir-torre syndrome?
muir torre syndrome is related to what cancer syndrome?
what is the inherited defect in muir torre syndrome? what is the inheritance?
- defect in DNA mismatch repair gene
what are the cutaneous findings in muir torre? visceral?
- cutaneous: sebaceous tumors (adenomas, sebaceoma, carcinoma, keratoacanthoma)
- visceral: GI, bladder, endometrium, breast
what is a cylindroma?
- pink red nodule on head and neck
- F:M 9:1
bubble gum bubble appearance
jigsaw puzzle histology?
- yellow / brown / orange papule or nodule
- solitary lesion on head / neck
- associated rarely with CML
xanthogranuloma (juvenile xanthogranuloma)
what is the significance of langerhans cell histiocytosis?
can involve internal organs
what is the IF for LCH?
what is the EM finding on LCH?
what is mortons neuroma?
non-palpable lesion that causes severe pain in sole of foot
mucosal neuromas stain positive for ______