- No cementum on roots for PDL to attach, can't hold the teeth in
- Unexplained loss of deciduous teeth
What is the Diagnostic Blood Test for Hypophosphatasia?
- Decreased alkaline phosphatase
- Increased urinary ethanolamine
- No or short roots
- Crowns look normal
- Little of no detectable pulp
Dentinal Dysplasia Type I
What is the etiology of Dentinal Dysplasia Type I?
Pulp horns that go up to DEJ - easily exposed during preparation.
Vitamin D Resistant Ricketts
What are the lab values for Hypophosphatemia?
Lowered serum phosphate
- kidney can't absorb phosphate, so it leaks out and the bones can't form normally
What is the etiology of Vitamin D Resistant Ricketts?
Males affected more severely
- Rare form of external root resorption, starting at the CEJ
- Crown of tooth falls off
Idiopathic Multiple Cervical Resorption
What population is affected by Idiopathic Multiple Cervical Resorption?
Young, healthy, females
What condition causes the premature lose of deciduous teeth and the early eruption of permanent teeth?
- Characteristic oral ulcerations, with severe bone loss, gingival recession and tooth mobility
- Accelerated periodontitis due to neutrophil dysfunction
- Hyperkeratosis of palms and soles
Papillon Le-Fevre Sx
What is the inheritence pattern of Papillon Le-Fevre Sx?
What periodontal problems are associated with Scurvy?
Swollen, extremely hemorrhagic gingiva, with loose teeth