Flashcards in Drug Targets in Neurologic Disorders Deck (5)
Pathophysiology of Alzheimers
- Decrease in ACh-M Pathway; Increase in Glu excitotoxicity.
Pathophysiology of Acute Chronic Pain
- Abnormal PG, ion channels, 5HT, Glu; increase sensitization in pain pathways
Pathophysiology of Parkinson's Disease
- decrease in striatal DA release, which increase ACh and increase GABA inhibition.
Pathophysiology of Seizure Disorders
- Complex: abnormal VSSC-VSCC, decrease in GABA, and increase in Glu neuronal activity.
- Tx: increasing GABA activity, block VSSC and VSCC