Flashcards in ECS Deck (37):
During the after takeoff check following a bleeds closed departure what is the proper sequence when changing the bleed air source?
- R 10th stage bleed valve
- 10th stage ISOL valve
- L 10th stage valve
- APU LCV
At the gate preparing for departure a CARGO OVHT caution message is observed. The current OAT is 35 ̊C. Summarize the appropriate procedure as outlined in SOPM Ch4.
- Encourage ramp to leave the door closed.
- Leave the CARGO AIR COND on until before takeoff.
- Prior to takeoff switch to FAN, verify message extinguishes or call Mx/
- 30 minutes after takeoff, switch back to AIR COND. If message persists follow the QRH procedure.
- Live animals can be carried in the back if the message is caused by a high ambient temperature.
The cooling air for the PACK heat exchangers is supplied by what?
What happens when you push the pressurization control switchlight?
- One press selects manual mode
- Press twice and it changes to the other CPC
When directed by the QRH to accomplish manual pressurization, pressurization readouts are on what pages?
- EICAS Primary page, Status page, ECS synoptic page
When will the "cabin pressure" aural warning be heard?
- Cabin altitude > 10,000'
- Differential pressure > 8.6 +/- 0.1psid
What valves automatically close with a L(R) PACK HI PRESS caution message when the engine is supplying bleed air?
- Associated 10th SOV
- ISOL valve
- Pack valve
When a cabin altitude message appears on ED 1, crew must _____ and _____ _____ immediately prior to completing the QRC.
don oxygen masks, establish communications
When will you receive a BLEED MISCONFIG caution message?
Wing and/or cowl anti ice on and engines supplying 10th stage bleed air with landing gear and/or flaps extended.
What supplies the outflow valves with pneumatic energy?
10th stage bleed air
During engine starts what two valves automatically close?
L and R pack PRSOV’s
What valves automatically close with L(R) PACK HI PRESS when the APU is supplying bleed air?
PRSOV valves will automatically close
What is RAM air for?
-Hydraulic system 1 and 2 fluid cooling
-Cool pack heat exchangers
How does a CPC (Cabin Pressure Controller) changeover take place?
- Automatic during an active CPC (Cabin Pressure Controller) failure
- Via Pilot selection
- 3 minutes after landing
At what cabin altitude will the CPAM automatically command the passenger oxygen masks to drop?
What will cause the APU LCV (Load Control Valve) to close?
- L 10th SOV selected open
- ISOL and R 10th SOV both selected open
When will the “cabin pressure” aural warning be heard?
- CPA (Cabin Pressure Alt) > 10,000’
- Differential pressure is > 8.5 psi
The 10th stage bleed valves fail in which position?
The 14th stage bleed valves fail in which position?
The cooling air for the pack heat exchangers is supplied by?
What is the correct order for going APU > Engine Bleeds (after takeoff)?
- APU LCV
What is the correct order for going Engine Bleeds > APU (after landing)?
- APU LCV
L PACK HI PRESS caution message is accompanied by:
- L 10th stage and ISOL valves automatically close
- L pack PRSOV automatically closes
When the cargo ECS switch is selected to FAN:
- 2 valves open and one closes (cockpit/exhaust valve)
- Fan is energized
- Animals are permitted if COND AIR function is operative
How would pressurization be affected if both packs fail in flight?
The outflow valves would close as needed to maintain adequate pressurization.
Which valves will close with a R PACK HTEMP during an engine bleeds closed takeoff?
What valve(s) would close if you had a L PACK HI PRESS during a bleeds open takeoff?
Left 10th, left PRSOV, ISOL
With a failure of CPAM, which services do you lose?
- Automatic oxygen mask deployment
- Automatic illumination of the NO SMKG and SEAT BLTS signs
What is required for the outflow valves to operate in the auto pressurization mode?
DC power and pneumatic power
What happens during a bleeds closed takeoff when you select the R 10th to initiate bleed transfer?
The R 10th will open and the APU LCV will automatically close.
On downwind you get a BLEED MISCONFIG caution what most likely generated this message?
Anti-ice was selected on with the flaps extended
What, if any, precautions exist when connected to low pressure external air?
The main cabin door must remain open to prevent inadvertent pressurization
What is the lowest cabin alt that the CPAM generates its first alert to the pilots?
How do we know which CPC we’re using?
ECS synoptic page
If we get a HIGH PRESS message from one of the packs and the bleed air source is the engines, what’s going to happen?
- Pack will shut down (PRSOV closes).
- Associated engine 10th stage bleed air valve closes.
- 10th stage ISOL valve closes
If we push the EMER DEPRESS at FL180, what will happen to cabin altitude?
14,250’ +/- 750’