Flashcards in Escapes Deck (8)
What are the basic Side Control Frames?
Bridge if necessary and establish
- Inside elbow tucked under opponent and pressure against their hip
- Outside elbow tucked under the opponents face, with your elbow pressure turning their face away from you if possible.
How do you defend against Side Control CrossFace Pressure?
Option 1: Use the Jiu Jitsu University "Side Control Survival Position" -> inside arm comes up over your opponent's bicep, preventing the attached shoulder from connecting to your face. (mostly prevention)
Option 2: Use your outside arm to push down on your opponent's neck, pushing their torso down and away from your face.
How do you escape from Side Control using the Guard Recovery Escape?
1) Establish Side Control Frames
2) Push opponent away with frames and shrimp away (x2 if needed)
3) Hip-in to slide inside your inside knee in between
4) Use your inside arm to collect your opponent's same-side arm and lift it up and away, extending out that side of your opponent and rolling yourself onto your back
5) Use the space created to extend your inside knee and wrap that foot around to lock in your closed guard.
How do you escape from Side Control using the Inside Underhook Escape?
How do you escape from Side Control using the ”Roll Your Opponent” Escape?
When is this useful?
How can you prevent Side Control with your arms as your Opponent is trying to take it?
How do you escape from Side Control using the Sit-up Escape?