Flashcards in ETOPS (FAM CH. 14) Deck (2):
What are the ETOPS Fuel Reserves?
• CPE to the diversion airport (1,500' overhead the airport);
• IFR approach and land;
• 15 minutes holding at 1,500';
• Special holding fuel as required for INTER/TEMPO;
• Tail number correction;
• Effect of any MEL/CDL ITEM;
• APU fuel consumption, if required as a power source.
*** NOTE: There is no VFR for ETOPS calculations. To account for
errors in wind forecasting, a 5% wind speed factor is added to
the actual winds used (increment to headwind or decrement to