Flashcards in Exam 3 Deck (5)
Behavioral Disorders Refer to the Following (3)
1) Extreme behavior
2) A chronic problem
3) Unacceptable behavior
Federal Definition of Emotionally Disturbed (5 Parts)
1) An inability to learn that cannot be explained by intellectual, sensory, or health factors;
2) An inability to build/maintain satisfactory relationships;
3) Inappropriate types of behavior or feelings under normal circumstances;
4) A general pervasive mood of unhappiness or depression;
5) Tendency to develop physical symptoms or fears associated with personal or school problems
Causes of Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (4)
1) Biological disorders and diseases
2) Pathological family relationships
3) Undesirable experiences at school
4) Negative cultural influences
Disciplining Students with a Disability (3)
1) Determine whether the behavior is or is not a manifestation of the student's disability.
2) Provide an alternative placement for the student's education for an interim period if temporary removal from the student's present placement is necessary.
3) Develop positive, proactive behavior intervention plans.