Exam Questions Flashcards Preview

X NEVR2030 Komprimert Introduksjon til Nevrovitenskap > Exam Questions > Flashcards

Flashcards in Exam Questions Deck (10):
1

Kva er den funksjonelle skilnaden på ytre og indre hårceller?

The inner hair cells are those responsible for converting the movements in the cochlea into nerve impulses, and the outer hair cell's role has been more of a mystery. Evidence suggests that the outer hair cells are involved in the active processes in the cochlea - the cochlear amplifier. These are the processes that by theory must exist in order to explain the remarkable sensitivity of the auditory system to faint sounds.

2

Kva meiner vi med at høyrsla sitt nevrale system er "tonotopisk organisert"?

"Tonotopically organised" means that the topography, that is to say the physical arrangement of the brain regions, is organised according to the tones or pitch of the sounds processed. This simply means that there is a relationship between the quality of the sound processed and the area where it is processed.

3

Kva er dei tre viktigaste sensoriske systema for balansekontroll?

The most important sensory systems for the maintenance of balance, broadly speaking, would be the motor systems in the cortex, brainstem, and the cerebellum. These systems, and especially the brainstem regions: superior colliculus, reticular formation, and the vestibular nuclei. They rely on information from the vestibular system, and the visual system

4

Kva for ein del av sentralnervesystemet er karakteristisk påverka ved Parkinsons
sjukdom?

Parkinson's disease particularly targets motor skills, and the disease is strongly associated with basal ganglia malfunction.

5

Kva for rolle har litlehjernens (cerebellum) ved kontroll av rørsler?

1. The cerebellum has projections to the upper motor neurons in the descending system, but is not directly connected to local motor circuits in the spinal cord. It seems to be mostly important for the attenuating and regulation of "motor error", as defined as the discrepancy between an intended movement and the movement actually performed.

6

Beskriv kort den funksjonelle skilnaden mellom den anteromediale (ventrale) og
laterale kortikospinale trakt.

At the caudal end of the medulla, a large majority - about 90% - of the axons in the pyramidal tract cross the midline to enter the lateral columns of the spinal cord on the opposite side, where they form the lateral corticospinal tract. The remaining 10% enter the spinal cord without crossing; these axons which constitute the ventral (anterior) corticospinal tract, terminate either ipsilaterally or bilaterally. The ventral corticospinal pathway arises primarily from dorsal and proximal limb muscles. The lateral corticopsinal tract forms a direct pathway from the cortex to the spinal cord and terminates primarily in the lateral portions of the ventral horn and intermediate gray matter.

7

Kva heiter den hjernenerven som sender informasjon om berøring frå ansiktet til
sentralnervesystemet?

- Touch receptors in the face follow the facial nerve.

8

Kva heiter dei tre hjernenervane som er relevante for augnerørsler?

Three cranial nerves are responsible for the movement of the eyes. These are the occulomotor nerve, the trochlear nerve and the abducens nerve.

9

Namngje tre modulatoriske system og deira opphav i hjernen.

Biogenic amine transmitters regulate many brain functions. There are

10

What is the name of the artery that provides the forebrain with the major blood supply?

internal carotid artery