Flashcards in Functional Anatomy - Movement Types Deck (10):
- The action of bending or the condition of being bent, especially the bending of a limb or joint.
- The movement of a limb or extremity so that the distal end describes a circle while the proximal end remains fixed.
- The action of moving a limb from a bent to a straight position.
- The rotation of the forearm and hand so that the palm faces forward or upward.
- The rotation of a limb around a fixed point.
- The backward flexion (bending), as of the hand or foot.
-The rotation of the hand and forearm so that the palm faces backwards or downwards.
- The movement of a limb or other part away from the midline of the body, or from another part.
- The movement of the foot in which the foot or toes flex downward toward the sole.