How can population change be determined?
Population Change = (Births - Deaths) + Migration
State some reasons for immigration to the UK.
- Better economic opportunities
- Similar lifestyle and culture
What is the Lee Model?
Displays the push and pull factors with the obstacles in between
Name the two areas that provide the highest amount of immigrants to Europe.
- Middle East
What is the definition of free trade?
Where there are no restrictions or barriers between countries
What is the definition of protectionism?
Where there are restrictions placed on international trade to protect domestic industries
Give some examples of protectionism.
- Subsidies (financial incentive to domestic businesses)
- Quota (limits volume of certain imports)
- Tariffs (adds a tax to imports to make them less competitive than domestic products)
When was the EU introduced and what was the agreement made?
- Schengen Agreement
What does the Schengen Agreement state?
The movement of people between borders without the need for ID