Flashcards in HHD - SDGs Deck (5)
- rational (why?) and objectives (goals) of the UN's SDGs. Key Features of SDG 3 is to 'Ensure healthy lives and promotes wellbeing for all at all ages.'
Relationship between SDG 3 and SDG 1,2,4,5,6,13 that illustrate collaboration between the health sector and other sectors in working towards health-related goals.
the three main objectives (goals) are to fight inequalities and injustice, End extreme poverty and address climate change.
- Because a new set of goals and targets were needed when the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) finished in 2015.
- Progress in all areas was uneven across regions and countries.
- New Global challenges had emerged that needed to be considered.
What are the main SDGs to focus?
1) No poverty. 2) Zero Hunger. 3) Good health and well being (know difference between referring to good health and wellbeing AND JUST health and wellbeing). 4. Quality education. 5) Gender Equality. 6) Clean water and sanitation. 13) Climate Action.