HPM 5.1 Correspondence Manual - Quiz 2 Flashcards
- The CHP 51WP shall be used only for correspondence between state
agencies. Departmental letterhead shall be used for all other correspondence
outside of state agencies.
- _____________ correspondence is prepared on a CHP 51WP,
Memorandum template, and shall be used for intradepartmental and
interdepartmental correspondence. (Correspondence to appointed officials shall be
prepared as a memorandum.) It is also used to address other state agencies.
c. Category 1
- In general, _____________ correspondence is prepared on California Highway
Patrol (CHP) letterhead. It shall be used for correspondence directed to agencies
or individuals outside of California state government.
b. Category 2
- The signature block on all categories of correspondence shall be blocked flush with the left margin and shall be ______ line spaces [_______ blank line spaces] below the complimentary close.
c. four three
- Correspondence file numbers consist of all of the following elements (separated by periods), except?
- All correspondence replying to inquiries from members of the Legislature shall be coordinated with _____________________.
a. Office of Special Representative
- All replies for Legislators shall be double-spaced on plain paper accompanied by a _________________.
d. cover letter
- The International System of 24-hour, four-digit time designation ______ be used in intradepartmental correspondence when a reference to time is necessary.
- The American System of time expression ___________ be used in interdepartmental and letterhead correspondence (i.e., 5:15 p.m.).
- Full block style (all structural parts beginning flush with the left margin) _________ be used in all departmental correspondence except for correspondence that is prepared for the Governor and the BTH Secretary.
- Single paragraph letters and memorandums shall be double-spaced. The first line shall not be indented. Full block style shall be used.
- Multiple paragraph letters and memorandums shall be single-spaced.
- For a multiple page correspondence, the second and each page thereafter shall have the following at the top of the page (in the correct order):
a. name of the addressee(s) as it appears in the inside address, the page number, and the date
- A paragraph of less than _______ lines shall not be divided between pages in a multiple page correspondence. And, when a paragraph is separated between pages, there shall be at least ________ lines on each page.
b. four two
- Departmental correspondence should be prepared with either ____________ or ____________ type face.
b. Times New Roman, Arial