HPM 70.1 Evidence Manual - Quiz 2 Flashcards
- Property shall be held for__________
- The department shall dispose of controlled substances by burning it not less than______
- The normal retention of administrative evidence is ______years or the life of the investigative file, whichever is longer.
- Hazardous materials such as flammables and explosives shall be stored_______
Outside the office in a locked area
- All money will be counted by________
Two employees, one sergeant
- Firearms shall be submitted unloaded with the chamber or revolver blocked?
- Case status on misdemeanor evidence shall be checked after_____
- In the event the prosecutor declines to file a case, the evidence will be disposed of ________ after the date of arrest.
- Unclaimed cash shall be forwarded on a _________ to Accounting section.
- All of the following, with one exception, are a type of crime scene search utilized by the department. Choose the incorrect answer.
Drugs with a street value of $10K or greater shall not be stored in evidence lockers. (Pass through cabinets.)
Money in excess of ______ shall not be stored in evidence locker/cabinet. Shall be secured inside evidence room, secure safe, and allied agency evidence room or safety deposit box.
When property taken by CHP that may be returned to its owner the evidence officer shall mail a locally produced property notice letter to the owner advising that the property will be disposed of in ____ days if not claimed
All firearms and conductive energy weapons coming into the possession of the department should be entered into AFS?
All firearms associated with a criminal act that come into the custody of the departments shall be entered into the NIBIN/IBIS. If unable to enter a firearm into the NIBIN/IBIS system, a memorandum explaining the reason shall be prepared and signed by the commander and attached to a CHP 36.