Flashcards in Individual needs and Inclusivity Deck (11):
List 3 ways activities can be adapted?
- Playing area
- Partipancts needs
Why are rules required when delivering activity?
Keep everyone safe, people know what they are doing. Scoring can be agreed which enables competition to be created.
How can sessions be adapted for peoples needs?
- Smaller or bigger areas using cones.
- Difficulty level of drill or skill
How could you make basketball accessible for wheelchair users?
- Make baskets lower
- Court bigger
- Split into ability level groups
Why is it important for staff to be trained on activities, equipment and facilities to support inclusive activity delivery?
Provide staff with the ability to run sessions for all levels of abilities ensuring they offer inclusive sport for all to be involved.
What things need to be considered to manage an effective session?
- Use of resources
Why is discipline/ behaviour management important when running a session?
- Ensure the session is safe
- You gain respect of the partipancts
- Keep open communication
Why is it important to use activities, skill levels and intensities that are appropriate for the group?
- So they can all participate
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Development of partipancts
- Enjoyed the session
If a leader follows best practice what are the benefits for the organisation?
- Highly regarded
- Good reputation
- Increased business & participants
How does best practice from an activity leader benefit participants?
- More enjoyment
- Likely to be motivated in sessions
- Increase fitness