- Life after death
- The belief that existence continues after death
- Ensuring that the demands placed on natural resources can be met.
- This does not reduce the capacity to allow all people and animals to live well now and in the future.
- From Greek, eu = good and thanatos = death.
- Sometimes referred to as ‘mercy killing’.
- The act of killing or permitting the death of a person who is suffering from a serious illness.
The process by which different living creatures are believed to have developed from earlier less complex forms during the history of the earth.
When a pregnancy is ended so that it does not result in the birth of a child.
Quality of Life
The extent to which life is meaningful and pleasurable.
Sanctity of Life.
- The belief that life is precious or sacred.
- For many religious believers, only human life holds this special status.
- The spiritual aspect of a being; that which connects someone with God.
- The soul is often regarded as non-physical and as living on after physical death, in an afterlife.