Optional: Judaism Key Concepts Flashcards
To help learn the key concepts for the optional module of Judaism for the Study of a World Faith component.
The place where God’s presence rests and can be felt.
- The anointed one who Jews believe will bring in a new era or age for humankind.
- This will include rebuilding the Temple and bringing in an age of universal peace.
- The term has a mix of meanings.
- It is often used to refer to duties (such as the 613 in the Torah) and good deeds.
- A promise or agreement between two parties.
- Covenants were made between God with Noah, Abraham and Moses.
- House of assembly.
- Building for Jewish public prayer, study and assembly.
- Meaning (‘fit’ or ‘proper’) Foods that are permitted to be eaten according to Leviticus Chapter 11.
- It is also used to refer to the purity of ritual objects such as Torah scrolls.
- The five books of Moses (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy).
- Regarded as the holiest books of the Tenakh.
Day of spiritual renewal and rest. Beginning at sunset on Friday and closing at nightfall on Saturday.