Flashcards in Jake's Questions Deck (4)
What are the ground medium priorities?
1. Station Ground
2. 4-wire primary neutral
3. Steel structures
4. Anchor rods
* if none of the foregoing are available, an approved temporary ground rod shall be used. 1 ground rod @ 6' or two ground rods at 30" connected with a jumper*
Why do we ground?
Protect Workers from Hazards — Grounding is required for the protection of the worker when working on de-energized high-voltage lines or equipment. Use of personal grounds will minimize exposure associated with making contact with objects having hazardous difference of electrical potentials
What are the key steps in the grounding process?
• Conduct a thorough tailboard
• Determine grounding requirements
• Inspect grounds before use
• Clean ground connections
• Test conductors de-energized
• Apply proper grounds
• Remove grounds