Flashcards in Life and Death Key Concepts Deck (8)
- The teaching authority of the Church, exercised by the bishops in communion with the Pope.
- The Magisterium is given grace by the Holy Spirit to faithfully interpret the Scriptures and tradition.
- The end of physical life.
- When the physical body ceases completely to function.
- The term used to refer to life in heaven after death.
- Also, the phrase Jesus uses to describe a state of living as God intends which leads to this life in heaven
- Those who have accepted God’s grace and forgiveness in this life will enjoy an eternal existence in God’s presence in the next life.
- This face to face encounter with God is what we call “heaven”.
- Those who through misuse of their free will, reject God’s grace and forgiveness, and have chosen to live eternally outside of God’s presence.
- This total lack of God for all eternity is what we call “hell”.
- At the end of our life, we will be faced with an ultimate choice to choose God or reject God.
- The decision we take leads to judgement and decides whether we 'go' to heaven or hell.
- The raising of the body to life again after death.
- Christians believe that Jesus has already experienced resurrection and that all people will experience it at the end of time.