Flashcards in Good and Evil Key Concepts Deck (8)
- The absence of good and the impulse to seek our own desires
- This is at the expense of the good of others which often results in suffering
- Pain or loss which harms human beings
- Some suffering is caused by other human beings (moral evil); some is not (Natural evil)
- The loss or absence of a quality or something that is normally present.
- Evil is a privation of good.
- The quality of being like God
- Seeking the well-being of others selflessly
- The decision making part of a person's mind is called the will
- A will is free if a person is able to choose right from wrong without being controlled by other forces
- Human reason making moral decisions.
- The knowledge we have of what is right and wrong and the God-given compulsion within all human beings to do what is right and to avoid what is evil.
- The moral laws of right and wrong which are universal.
- The belief in natural law is the belief that the moral law is discoverable by every human being and is the same for all human beings in all places at all times.