Life for Women in Nazi Germany Flashcards
- kinder children
- kuche kitchen
- kirche church
- no dieting or smoking
Why no dieting or smoking?
Could harm chances of having children
Role of women
- not to work outside of home
Why did the Nazis treat women like this?
- wanted women to raise more children
- needed their jobs for unemployed men
What happened to women who didn’t follow employment rules?
- 100,000 female teachers
- 3000 female doctors
Employment Nazi Germany
- most w sacked or told to leave jobs
- w not allowed to be judges or join civil service
Idea of selective breeding of certain groups of people
Law for the encouragement of marriage
- 600 mark loan
- Employed married women—->
- leave work
- Loan reduces 25% 1/4 kids
How many were sterilised?
Unmarried women were sent to lebensborn homes to be impregnated by SS members