Where is the intraembryonic coelom located? What are its three cavities
1. Located between the parietal and viseral layers of lateral plate mesoderm
2. Pericardial cavity at cranial end, Pleural cavity at arm, and Peritoneal cavity at caudal end
What does lateral folding do?
Brings lateral extensions (arms) of intraembryonic coelom together ventrally
Forms pleural cavity and peritoneal cavity
What does longitudinal folding do?
1. Pericardial cavity forms: moves ventrally and caudally
2. Septum transversum forms: moves caudal to pericardial cavity
After folding what is anterior and posterior to the foregut?
anterior: pericardial cavity
posterior: septum transversum and peritoneal cavity
Which membrane separates the pericardial cavity from the peritoneal cavity?
What is the pericardioperitoneal canal?
Small tube connecting pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity
What membrane separates the lungs and heart?
What separates the two lungs?
What is congenital disphragmatic hernia (CDH)?
Failure of the pericardioperitoneal canals to close (intestines move out of diaphragm)
1. Derived from what layer
2. What does it contain?
1. Parietal layer of lateral plate mesoderm
2. contain common veins and phrenic nerves
1. What does it fuse with?
1. Septum transversum and dorsal mesentery of the esophagus
What does the gut tube form from?
What forms the trachea?
Respiratory diverticulum (bud out from foregut)
What separates the respiratory diverticulum from the foregut?
What is tracheoesophageal fistula?
Incomplete ridge -> trachea and esophagus are connected
What forms the fibrous pericardium and phrenic nerves?
Pleuropericardial membranes (from parietal layer)
What does the pericardioperitoneal canals become?
What does the septum transversum become?
central tendon of diaphragm
What does the dorsal mesentery of the esophagus become?
Crura (underside) of the diaphragm
What does the body wall become?
Muscles at lateral edges of diaphragm
What do the cervical somites (C3-5) become?
What does the respiratory diverticulum become?
Trachea and bronchi
Name all the things that the visceral layer of lateral plate mesoderm becomes
1, Lung smooth muscle
2. Alveolar capillaries
3. Tracheal rings (cartilage)
4. Serous pericardium = visceral pleura
What does the parietal layer become?
What does the serous pericardium come from?