Flashcards in Objective 01: Codes and Standards Deck (10)
Which jurisdiction's codes and standards must a new plant be designed and installed according to?
Which version of codes and standards must a new plant adhere to?
The newest version
Does each engineering discipline have its own codes and standards?
What do provincial jurisdictions require companies obtain before they can work on buildings or facilities?
What are different codes that work permits fall under?
What general standards must new plants adhere to?
3. Water and wastewater
What local standards must new plants adhere to?
What are the benefits of new plants obtaining a permit?
1. The installation conforms to construction and safety standards accepted under the Safety Codes Act
2. Certified code officers do inspections
Which Canadian codes and standards are typically referenced with regard to steam and pressure plant legislation
1. CSA B51 - Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Pressure Piping Code
2. CSA B52 - Mechanical Refrigeration Code
3. CSA Z662 - Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems