Flashcards in Quiz #1 Deck (26)
What are the 4 components to a lesson?
Describe the Hook.
It gives reason for learning, grabs attention of the students, and should lead naturally into the Bible lesson.
Describe the Book.
It gives students the Biblical information and helps them understand it.
Describe the Look.
(Explores) It helps students explore the practical ways that the material relates to daily living. It guides the class to discover and grasp the relationship of the truth just studied to daily living.
Describe the Took.
(Applies) It encourages students to pinpoint personal areas of life and how they will apply what they have just learned.
What are the types of creative writing? (9)
1. Narrative (story)
6. Letter Writing
7. Newspaper or News Reporting
Why should you have a lesson plan?
An effective lesson requires planning. In our teaching of the Word of God, we must have a plan or direction. When we use a plan, it provides structural accountability. Planning helps simplify the lesson.
List the components of a lesson plan. (7)
3. Set Up
4. Warm Up
7. Follow Up
Describe what the OBJECTIVE is in a lesson plan.
What is it you desire to accomplish through the teaching of the lesson? This needs to be a complete statement: "The students will..."
Describe what the MATERIALS are in a lesson plan.
A list of materials you will need to teach the lesson.
Describe what the SET UP is in a lesson plan.
How will the room need to be set up for the lesson?
Describe what the WARM UP is in a lesson plan.
(Hook) What will you do to grasp the attention of the students that have come for this lesson? Describe the activity.
Describe what the ACTIVITY is in a lesson plan.
(Book & Look) The actual Bible lesson and how you will teach it.
Describe what the ASSIGNMENTS are in a lesson plan.
(Took) What will they take with them when they leave? What is it you desire for them to apply to their daily lives? Is there a specific task you desire for them to accomplish during the next week?
Describe what the FOLLOW UP is in a lesson plan.
How you will follow up this lesson in a later lesson.
What are the things you should consider when planning a program? (7)
3. Characteristics of each age level
4. The needs of children in their various age groups
5. Social skills and needs
6. Cognitive development
7. We are not to teach programs or lessons; we are to teach children and help them to know the love of God through our lives.
Name some positive attributes of a teacher..
Some examples from class our discussion:
Willing to Learn
What are the 4 key principles of childhood growth and development?
1. Children's physical maturation, language acquisition, social and emotional behavior, cognition, and ways of approaching the world follow reasonable predictable patterns.
2. Children generally go through predictable stages in the same order, but they will not all go through them at the same rate. (No two children are the same.)
3. The various aspects of development do not proceed at the same rate-each child is an individual and the style and rate of growth will differ from one child to another.
4. Growth is uneven.
Define Childhood Development.
A field of study that seeks to understand all aspects of human growth and development from birth until adult.
What are the characteristics of development? (5)
1. Development is similar to everyone.
2. Development builds on earlier learning.
3. Development proceeds at an individual rate.
4. The different areas of development are interrelated.
5. Development is continuous throughout life.
What are the influences on development? (2)
1. Hereditary (Nature)- the passing of characteristics that are inherited from a previous generation.
2. Environment (Nurture)- the people, places, and things that surround and influence an individual.
What are the types of development? (5)
1. Physical development
2. Intellectual development
3. Emotional development
4. Social development
5. Moral development.
List the teaching methods. (14)
3. Simulation Games
5. Research Paper
6. Role Play
7. Case Study
10. Field Trips
11. Group Projects
12. Break Out Groups
From the Yardstick Pamphlet: What are some social characteristics of those in your age group?
Look to your pamphlet for answers.
From the Yardstick Pamphlet: What are some of the physical characteristics of those in your age group?
Look to your pamphlet for answers.