What is Sales Cloud?
Sales Cloud is a standard application made by Salesforce that allows us to work with a variety of sales functionality
What standard objects are included in Sales Cloud?
- Price Book
What is a Lead?
- a lead represents a potential customer - someone who has expressed interest in our company and products, but isn’t qualified yet
What is Web-to-Lead?
Web-to-lead is the process of using a website form to capture visitor information and storing it as a new lead record in Salesforce.
- allows us to generate an HTML form with selected Lead fields that can then be included in an Experience Cloud site or other external website
- when users submit this form, a Lead record with their provided information will be automatically created in our org
What is Lead-Auto-response rules? And what is its purpose?
- Auto-response rules allow us to send automatic email responses to lead based on record’s attributes.
- Lead Auto-Response Rules serve to welcome new leads to our business and give them relevant information about our products
What is Lead Assignment Rules?
- when a Lead is created through Web-to-Lead, ownership of that record will be determined through our Lead Assignment Rules
What is a Lead Process?
- a Lead Process allows to create a visualization of steps that every lead should go through in order to ensure that our sales representatives are following a consistent procedure with every lead
What is a Lead Conversion Wizard?
- this allows to create a new account or associate an existing with our lead, create a new contact or associate an existing contact with our lead, and (optionally) create a new opportunity or associate an existing one with our lead
What are Account Teams?
- Account Teams are collections of users from across the company with diverse skillsets formed to collaborate on an account and its associated records in order to ensure that our sales operation is running smoothly
- we can enable Account Teams at the Account Teams page in Setup
What are Opportunity Teams?
- Opportunity Teams are collections of from across the company with diverse skillsets formed to collaborate on opportunities
Do Account and Opportunity Teams share team member roles?
What does the Opportunity standard object represent?
It represents a potential sale
What is the Sales Process used for?
- in order to ensure that sales representatives are following the same procedure with each deal that they’re working on, we can use Sales Process to provide a visualization of the steps that the opportunity should go through
What is a Path?
- the Path allows us to provide additional guidance throughout the process for a particular record
- each step in the path will get its own screen where we can display up to five fields from the object that are related to that specific step as well as include step-specific text guidance for our users to follow to successfully progress the record to the next step
Paths vs Processes
- Paths are more versatile than processes
- Paths are available for more objects (not just Case, Lead, and Opportunity)
- we can choose the picklist field that determines the steps in our path
What is a Product?
- a product represents the items/services that our company sells
What is a Price Book?
- a price book represents the prices for a particular product, it holds a list of products and their associated prices
What are the two types of Price Books?
- before we can add a product to a custom price book, it must first have a standard price
- products added to standard price book get standard prices
- we can custom price books to reflect different prices for products