This surrounds the cell.
It lets things move in and out of the cell.
This controls everything that happens inside the cell.
A tough wall around PLANT CELLS.It supports the cell.
A liquid where chemical changes happen.
A space filled with a liquid.Only found in PLANT cells.
Packets of green colour which help a plant make food.
Fixed (does not change) shapeFixed volumeHard to squashCannot be pouredGenerally heavy
Easy to squash
Volume and shape
Light in weight
Takes the shape of its container.
Hard to squash.
Particles can move freely.
Liquids can become SOLIDS.
A word to describe how material behaves.
What are its 'properties'?
e,g soft, hard, strong, heavy, light etc
1. ALL 'Matter' is made of particles.
2. Particles can be different sizes.
3. Particles move by themselves.
4. Particles ATTRACT each other
5. The hotter the substance, the faster the particles MOVE.
6. When particles are heated, they move around 'quickly'
Made up of two MAIN gases:
- Oxygen (21%)
- Nitrogen (78%)
- Also carbon dioxide and other gases (1%)
When particles SPREAD OUT.
- For example: Perfume particles MIX in with the air. They are DIFFUSED from the wearer to a persons NOSE!
- It is dangerous to smoke at a petrol station because GAS PARTICLES from the petrol DIFFUSE. (spread)
- IF they meet the burning cigarette, there could be an explosion.
How cells are adapted for their PURPOSE