Flashcards in Signs and Symptoms Deck (4)
What is the onset of CAP?
- Cough with purulent sputum (blood)
- Rigors and fever
- Chest pain (pleuritic, sudden onset)
- Abdominal pain
- Confusion (elderly)
What are the signs of CAP?
- High temperature
- Dull percussion
- Bronchial breathing
- Focal crackles
- Mental confusion
What are the clinical symptoms of pneumonia?
- Cough - may be dry or productive
- SOB - alveoli becomes full of pus
- Chest pain - often pleuritic and worse when coughing
- Myalgia and arthralgia