Name 5 members of the
Cap Classique Association
You may not use any of the Constantia producers. Cheater!
Name 4 producers of
(Vin de Constance)
- these are all members of the Cap Classique Association
Where is Nederburg?
- First producer of botrytised wines in South Africa
- Site of the annual RSA rare wine auction
Where is Boekenhootskloof?
- Most famous wine is "Chocolate Block" red blend. Blend changes every year.
Where is Iona Vineyards?
(Cape South Coast)
- One Man Band (Syrah/Cab Sauv/Merlot base blend)
Where is Ernie Els?
Where is Sadie Family Wines?
- Palladius (Chenin Blanc based blend)
- Columella (Mourvedre/Syrah)
- Kokerboom (Semillon)
Where is KMV?
- Formed in 1918 as the regulator of South Africa's wine industry
- Became its own commercial Cooperative
- Gave up regulatory powers in 1997
- Helped form SAWIT in 1999
Where is Rust en Vrede?
- Classification 1694
Where is Badenhorst Family Wines?
Producers of the Secaturs wines
Iconic Chenin Blanc from RSA!
Where is Meerlust?
Top red wine:
- Rubicon (Cab Sauv)
*first vintage 1995..?
*Source: Meerlust website list of Rubicon vintages.
Where is Hamilton Russel?
Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Ward
Cape South Coast Region
Great Pinot Noir and Chardonnay producer!
Where is Kanonkop?
- Paul Sauer (Cab Sauv/BDX Blend - $80, restaurant)
- Black Label Pinotage (not avail. in USA? - $300, restaurant)
Where is Graham Beck?
(Breede River Valley)
Very good sparkling wine producer.
Member of Cap Classique Association
- top wine appears to be "Ad Honorem" but is not available in the USA...
Where is Warwick Estate?
Top wine is "Trilogy"
(Cabernet Sauvignon based Bordeaux blend)
One Man Band?
Syrah, Cab Sauv, and Merlot
Sadie Family Wines
Chenin Blanc based blend
(roussanne, grenache blanc, semillon, etc)
Who makes "Trilogy" in South Africa?
Cabernet Sauvignon based Bordeaux blend