Flashcards in Terminology Deck (11)
• Sand boxed solutions are hosted in the SharePoint user code solution worker process (SPUCWorkerProcess.exe).
• Once we deploy the Sandbox Solution its first build, Uploaded and activate the features in site collection.
• Once we deploy and retract the SharePoint Sandbox solution then Application pool is not recycled.
• Once we set Sandbox solution deploy property true in visual studio, solution will be uploaded in site collection solution gallery.
• The Sandbox Solutions deployed can do any activity in whole SharePoint Site Collection level.
• Sandbox solution having some limitation and its does not support the creation of Application pages and custom action.
• Can't create Application pages because Application pages are stored in the 14\TEMPLATES\_LAYOUTS and when deployed as Sandbox we don’t have permissions to the physical folder.
- Is the base container for holding multiple sites, including holding security settings. Automatically hosts a Root Site.
- A site collection is made up of one top-level site and all sites below it. The number of site collections you can have in a single web application depends on the capacity of your server infrastructure.
- Site collection is a top-level (or root) site that contains subsites. The subsites share administration settings, navigation, and permissions. You can change each of these for individual subsites as needed.
- From an architecture standpoint, all the content of a site collection must be stored in a single content database. You cannot have a site collection's content spread out across multiple content databases. Content databases scale with your infrastructure capacity so site collections can share a content database. A site collection can exist in only one content database, but one content database can host the content for multiple site collections. Similarly, any given SharePoint 2013 site can only exist in one site collection, but a site collection can host a multitude of sites. A site cannot exist outside of a site collection.
• Farm solutions are hosted in the IIS worker process (W3WP.exe).
• If you run any code in farm solution the whole farm will got affected.
• If you deploy any feature or retract any feature the whole application pool got recycled.
• Since they are scoped as farm level, they have full trust access to all the resources.
When the Sand boxed Solution property is set to False, selecting Build\Deploy will deploy the solution to the Farm Solution Gallery.
When you compile a SharePoint solution, it deploys to the SharePoint server and a debugger attaches to debug it. The process used to debug the solution depends on the setting of the Sandboxed Solution property: sandboxed solution or farm solution.
- Is an IIS web site that is the logical unit for Site Collection. Automatically hosts a Root Site Collection.
- A SharePoint 2013 web application is composed of an Internet Information Services (IIS) web site that acts as a logical unit for the site collections that you create. Before you can create a site collection, you must first create a Web application. Each web application is represented by a different IIS web site with a unique or shared application pool. You can assign each web application a unique domain name. This helps prevent cross-site scripting attacks. When you create a new web application, you also create a new content database and define the authentication method used to connect to the database. In addition, you define an authentication method to be used by the IIS Web site in SharePoint 2013.
This is the content area where users will see their pages, be able to interact with apps and collaborate.
What are the default Permission Levels ?
Read Users can read pages, list items and download documents.
Contribute - Users can edit and delete items. Users can create personal views.
Edit - Users can edit items as well as manage lists.
Design - Users can customize pages and view, update, delete and approve items.
Full Control - Users have full control to the Site.
What are the default SharePoint Groups for basic Team Site ?
Visitors - Read Permission
Members - Edit Permission
Owners - Full Control Permission
What are the default SharePoint Groups for basic Publishing Site ?
Style Resource - Read to Master Page Gallery. Restricted Read to Style Library.
Designers - Design Permissions.
Approvers - Approve pages, list items and documents. Approve permission.
Restricted Readers - View pages and documents only. Restricted Read permission.
Hierarchy Manager - Create sites, lists, list items and documents. Manage Hierarchy permission.
- Security Groups are managed outside of SharePoint.
-If you are part of a security group then you will not see the SharePoint site in your My Sites.
- The user Information List will not show individual users if they have not contributed.
Security Group nesting can break SharePoint sites (a group under a group under another group)
What is OneDrive for Business ?
OneDrive for Business is an integral part of SharePoint Server, and provides place in the cloud where you can store, share, and sync your work files. You can update and share your files from any device with OneDrive for Business.