Flashcards in Test 2: Acts part 2 Deck (48)
Explain the similarities of Jesus and Paul’s bedrails, arrests and deaths’ (essay)
1. Plot of the Jews
2. Handed over to Gentiles
3. Prediction of Death
4. Steadfast Reslolution
5. Resigned to God's will
Explain the situation with the Holy Spirit and Paul’s final return to Jerusalem (essay)
1. “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem” (20:22)
2. “I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.” (20:23)
3. “Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem.” (21:4)
4. “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jews of Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt …’” (21:11)
Paul’s strategy for entering new communities on his missionary journey (essay)
- Go to the synagogue and preach with most often having rejection
- turn to preaching on the streets to the Gentiles .. usual success
-build church and make elders of the church
4. Five proclamations about God that Paul made for the philosophers (essay)
What did Paul proclaim to the Areopagus about God?
1. Creator of the universe (24)
2. Sustainer of Life (25)
3. Ruler of all the nations (26)
4. Father of all humanity (28)
5. Judge of the world (31)
Man instructed and be mentored by Pricilla and Aquila (match)
6. Place where Paul appeared before Felix and Festus (match)
7. Man who accompanied Paul on his 2nd journey (match)
8. North of this Place is where Paul’s ship hit poor winds (match)
North of Cyprus
9. Place where Paul was bitten by an animal (geographical location not body part) (match)
10. Where Paul debated the philosophers (match)
he focus of Christianity after Acts 15. (Jews or Gentiles) (match)
12. People that an evil spirit attacked (we learned it today) (match)
The 7 sons of Sceva
13. The reason for Paul’s 3rd mission trip (match)
To strengthening all the disciples and and check on the churches.
14. In Athens Paul was appalled by these. What are they? (match)
15. The person peter healed in Acts
16. The person Peter Stayed with in Joppa and he was a tent maker
Simon the Tanner
17. Dorcas was healed of what
She was dead and was brought back to life.
18. Cornelius dreamed of what
Prayers have been answered…send men to Joppa to bring back Simon Peter who is staying at a tanner’s house. This is an awareness to Peter that God cares for all who believe.
19. Paul chose whom to go with him on his 2nd missionary journey
Silas, Timothy and Luke joins for a part
20. Artemis is the goddess of what
The goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women.
21. Apollos’ knowledge of God is incomplete or incorrect
- His knowledge of God is incomplete not incorrect. Apollo’s only knew of John’s baptism, which is the baptism of repentance.
22. The name of the silversmith in Ephesus
23. Where Paul wrote the book of Roma
24. Dorcas’ semitic name (We have this name in our class. She is an inspirational dancer!!)
25. Peter’s vision in Acts 10
saw heaven opened up and a large white sheet-like coming down on all four corners, on the sheet was a variety of four footed animals, and reptile, and birds.
- He heard the voice of the Lord telling to go kill and eat – he denied the order and even call the animals impure and unclean.
- “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (Acts 10:15)
26. The young man in Troas who fell asleep and fell out of a window to his death (so sad…)
27. Jerusalem Council – what did they determined at the Jerusalem Council?
Gentiles did not have to become Jews first.
- food polluted by idols
- Sexual immorality
- Meat of strangled animals
28. Who spoke at the Jerusalem Council?
- Peter spoke first – (Cornelius)
- Barnabas & Paul spoke next – about miraculous signs (12; 14:3)
- James, the brother of Jesus, brought it to a conclusion
29. At the Jerusalem Council who made the final judgment?
30. In Lystra what happened to Timothy?
He was circumcised
31. Paul stayed with this couple in Acts 18 and who are they?
Percilla and Aquila
32. The person who rejoined Paul in Acts 18
Silas and Timothy
33. The reason that Paul was being sent to Rome
He appealed for his case to be brought to Caesar because of his Roman citizenship
34. When Paul was kept in Rome, where was he?
In a home alone, but had a guard at all times, so he had some freedom
35. What did Felix often speak to Paul about in Acts 24
Felix spoke with Paul about righteousness, self-control, and judgement. Felix was hoping Paul would offer him a bribe.
36. In Acts 23 after Paul’s nephew was a plotting against him, where was Paul transferred to
Paul was transferred from the courts to the barracks by order of the commander.
37. In Acts 20 who did Paul summon to meet him at Miletus?
38. When Apollos left his mentors where did he go?
39. The place that supplied Rome with grain (blank)
40. The name of the centurion who held Paul (blank)
41. What animal that bit Paul on the way to Rome
he City that Paul was headed for when his ship wrecked
Headed to Rome (final destination). Instead attempted to reach Phoenix
43. The year Paul was martyred
44. Whenever Paul goes to any city where does he go first?
The first thing Paul did was go to the Jewish synagogue
45. Who did Paul first healed on the island of Malta?
Publius' dysentery-afflicted father
46. The person in Joppa known for helping the poor
47. In Athens Paul explains God to them through use of what as an object lesson
An altar with the inscription, “To an unknown god” written on it.