Flashcards in Test 3 Deck (10)
1. You may not park your vehicle:
a. On the side of the freeway in an emergency.
b. Next to a red painted curb.
c. Within 100 feet of an elementary school.
2. You must notify the DMV within 5 days if you:
a. Sell or transfer your vehicle.
b. Fail a smog test for your vehicle.
c. Get a new prescription for lenses or contacts.
3. Two sets of solid, double, yellow lines that are two or more feet apart:
a. May be crossed to enter or exit a private driveway.
b. May not be crossed for any reason.
c. Should be treated as a separate traffic lane.
4. You want to make a right turn at an upcoming intersection. You should slow down and:
a. Move toward the left side of your lane.
b. Avoid driving in the bicycle lane.
c. Signal for 100 feet before turning.
5. You are driving on a freeway posted for 65 MPH. The traffic is traveling at 70 MPH. You may legally drive:
a. 70 mph or faster to keep up with the speed of traffic.
b. Between 65 mph and 70 mph.
c. No faster than 65 mph.
6. It is illegal to park your vehicle:
a. In an unmarked crosswalk.
b. Within three feet of a private driveway.
c. In a bicycle lane.
7. The safest precaution that you can take regarding the use of cellular phones and driving is:
a. Use hands-free devices so you can keep both hands on the steering wheel.
b. Keep your phone within easy reach so you won't need to take your eyes off the road.
c. Review the number before answering a call.
8. If you have a green light, but traffic is blocking the intersection, you should:
a. Stay out of the intersection until traffic clears.
b. Enter the intersection and wait until traffic clears.
c. Merge into another lane and try to go around the traffic.
9. You are getting ready to make a right turn. You should:
a. Signal and turn immediately.
b. Stop before entering the right lane and let all other traffic go first.
c. Slow down or stop, if necessary, and then make the turn.