In cases where your EC2 instance cannot access the Internet, what 2 things can you check?
- Does it have an EIP or public IP address?
- Is the route table properly configured?
What is the difference in new EC2 behavior when launched into a default subnet vs a custom subnet?
Instances launched into a default subnet are assigned public and private IP, and a public and private DNS hostnames.
In SWF, what is the purpose of a decision task?
It tells the decider the state of the workflow execution
What 2 things will occur when an EC2-VPC instance with an associated Elastic IP is stopped and started?
- The underlying host for the instance is possibly changed
- The ENI (Elastic Network Interface) is detached
What 2 retrieval options are available for Glacier?
- Expedited Retrieval
- Provisioned Capacity
How many requests per second can S3 handle?
- 3,500 requests per second to add data
- 5,500 requests per second to retrieve data
In the shell script, what does the revoke-security-group-ingress command do?
Removes one or more ingress rules from a security group
What is the S3 size limit for single PUT vs Multi-Part Upload?
- Single PUT is 5GB
- Multi-Part is 5TB
What is Route53 Active-Active Failover?
For when you want all of your resources to be available the majority of the time
What is Route53 Active-Passive failover?
For when you want a primary resource or group of resources to be available the majority of the time and you want a secondary resource or group of resources to be on standby
Which services can be used together to collect logs and then easily perform log analysis?
S3 for storing ELB log files and EMR for analyzing the log files
What are 2 benefits of using read replicas?
- It provides Elasticity to your AWS RDS instance
- Improves the performance of the primary DB by taking workload from it