Flashcards in The Weimar Republic: Was the Weimar Republic ever a success? Deck (4)
Who was responsible for the era known as the ‘Golden Years’ 1924-1929?
What were the 5 key problems that he faced in August 1923?
- French occupation of the Ruhr
- Germany is not trusted by other countries
- Germany is facing massive reparations
- Germany needs to rebuild its economy
What are the two main arguments about Stresemanns policies?
- Stresemann is the man who built a strong Germany
2. Stresemann is the man who papered over the cracks
What did Stresemann do with German old money?
Stresemann got rid of it and created a new currency known as the RETENMARK