Flashcards in VII. Trauma & Stressor Related Disorders Deck (5)
- Absence or grossly underdeveloped attachment between the child and putative caregiving adults.
- A persistent social and emotional disturbance characterized.
- The disturbance is evident before age 5 years.
- The child has a developmental age of at least 9 months
Reactive Attachment Disorder
- A pattern of behavior in which a child actively approaches and interacts with unfamiliar adults.
- The behaviors are not limited to impulsivity.
Disinhiblted Social Engagement Disorder
- Fairly similar to those of PTSD, but the duration is shorter.
- Symptoms occur between 3 days and 1 month after a trauma.
Acute Stress Disorder
- The development of emotional or behavioral symptoms in response to an identifiable
stressor(s) occurring within 3 months of the onset of the stressor(s).
- These symptoms or behaviors are clinically significant, as evidenced by one or both of the
- Marked distress that is out of proportion to the severity or intensity of the stressor
- Significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning