Flashcards in Vision Deck (10)
A la UT
Year 1: Meet stakeholders, see how I can help
* Guidance counselors
* MTC participants
* business stakeholders
* professors across disciplines
* deans, vice chancellors
* Haddix's vision
My pedagogy network
Teaching seminar series
Lamar: MAT program to train masters in IBL
* Aim for the Stars summer camp
* NE STEM 4U undergrad run program
* Research weekend model (add, related to Valantin's W(A) work with HS studs)
* FIRST / O.M. transformative - modify to add math
* PROMYS 4
UNY IBL / AZ IBL mentoring, visits, group discussions, etc in math
Similar to mothly chem meetings
Math talks, change perceptions
* Jordan Ellenberg's "How not to be wrong"
* "Math and __"
* Flex relationship w/ Asst Prof?
* Ed research - parallels student needs for reflection
* Exploring/creating best-practices in High-Impact practices for math, cs, math ed, etc.
Faculty workshops on UR for pre-service teachers
- lit research
Of interest? CUR event pilot / bring expert for teaching seminar
ASEMS: AZ Science, Engineering, & Math Scholars. UR w/ cohort buildin. 2.8-3.2 GPA.
Outreach from research grants. "Broader impact"
S-STEM, HHMI, McNair.
Noyce use for MTCs (invited to be Co-PI for math)
Examples of adding to programs
PME: found funding
MAA Seaway: moved math competition to Friday banquet
MAA Seaway: added Friday afternoon IBL activities
MAA Seaway: moved plenary to end
UAS: math in Yuma potential, online potential
UA: UR Office being created
CUR: workshop between ABM & Biennial