Flashcards in 1.2.1 Dermatomes of the Upper Limb Deck (6)
What is the definition of a Dermatome?
The area of skin supplied by one spinal segmen
What does dermatome C5 supply?
The anterior-most part of the arm
What does dermatome C6 supply?
- The lateral-most part of the arm
- The lateral-most part of the wrist
- The thumb
What does dermatome C7 supply?
- The posterior-most part of the arm
- The middle park of the wrist
- The index finger
- The middle finger
What does dermatome C8 supply?
- The medial-most part of the arm
- The medial-most part of the wrist
- The ring-finger
4, The pinkie-finger
What is the clinical relevance of dermatomes?
Injury to the spinal cord / nerve roots conforms to dermatomes