Where does the Arm extend:
What are the 2 Compartments of the Arm?
- Anterior (Flexor)
2. Posterior (Extensor)
What are the 2 Muscles of the Posterior (Extensor) Compartment?
- Triceps Brachii
What is the Arterial Supply to the Triceps Brachii?
Profunda Brachii Artery
How many Heads does the Triceps Brachii have?
What are the 3 Heads of the Triceps Brachii?
- Medial Head
- Lateral Head
- Long Head
- Which of the Heads of the Triceps Brachii sits Deepest?
2. Where do the other 2 sit?
- The Medial Head of the Triceps Brachii
2. They Lateral and Long Heads cover the Medial Head of the Triceps Brachii
Where does the Medial Head of the triceps Brachii originate from?
The Humerus, inferior to the Radial Groove
Where does the Lateral Head of the Triceps Brachii originate from?
The Humerus, superior to the Radial Groove
Where does the Long Head of the Triceps Brachii originate from?
The Infraglenoid Tubercle
What happens to the Triceps Brachii as they converge?
They form one Tendon
Where does the Tendon of the Triceps Brachii attach Distally?
Olecranon of the Ulna
What is the function of the Triceps Brachii?
Extension of the Arm at the Elbow
What is the innervation of the Triceps Brachii?
- Radial Nerve
2. In some individuals, the Triceps Brachii are innervated by the Axillary Nerve
What is the Biceps Tendon Reflex testing?
Where is the Anconeus located?
Medially and Superiorly to the Extensor Compartment of the Forearm
What are the Fibres of the Anconeus blended with?
The Fibres of the Triceps Brachii (The two muscles can be indistinguishable)
Where does the Anconeus originate from?
Lateral Epicondyle of the Humerus
What does the Anconeus attach to distally?
Posterior and Lateral Part of the Olecranon
What is the function of the Anconeus?
- Extends the Elbow Joint
- Stabilizes the Elbow Joint
- Abducts the Ulna during Pronation of the Forearm
What is the innervation of the Anconeus?
What does the Radial Nerve arise from?
It is the Terminal Branch Posterior Cord of the Brachial Plexus
What is the function of the Radial Nerve?
It is the Nerve of the Extensor Compartment of the Forearm
What does the Radial Nerve innervate?
All the Extensor Muscles of the Elbow and Wrist Joints
How does the Radial Nerve enter into the Arm?
Anterior to the Long Head of the Triceps Brachii
- What does the Radial Nerve travel alongside?
2. Where does the Radial Nerve travel?
- Profunda Brachii Artery (Deep Artery of the Arm)
2. Curves around the Midshaft Region of the Humerus, in the Radial Groove
What is the Profunda Brachii Artery a Branch of?
What is the Segmental (or Root) Value of this Nerve?
Which Branch of the Brachial Artery accompanies the Radial Nerve in the Radial Groove?
- What is the Characteristic Clinical Sign of a Radial Nerve Injury?
Wrist Drop (due to this Nerve Supplying the Extensors of the E;bows and Wrists)