The fifth step of the boot sequence is?
Load the IOS software
Port Fa0/2 has already been configured appropriately. The IP phone and PC work properly. Which switch configuration would be most appropriate for port Fa0/2 if the network administrator has the following goals?
- No one is allowed to disconnect the IP phone or the PC and connect some other wired device.
- If a different device is connected, port Fa0/2 is shut down.
- The switch should automatically detect the MAC address of the IP phone and the PC and add those addresses to the running configuration.
SWA(config-if)# switchport port-security SWA(config-if)# switchport port-security maximum 2 SWA(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address sticky
The network administrator enters the following commands on a Cisco switch:
Switch(config)# interface vlan1 Switch(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 Switch(config-if)# no shutdown
What is the effect of entering these commands?
Users on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet are able to ping the switch at IP address 192.168.1.2.
Which three statements are true about using full-duplex Fast Ethernet?
- Performance is improved because the collision detect function is disabled on the device.
- Performance is improved with bidirectional data flow.
- Full-duplex Fast Ethernet offers 100 percent efficiency in both directions.
The network administrator wants to configure Switch1 to allow SSH connections and prohibit Telnet connections. How should the network administrator change the displayed configuration to satisfy the requirement?
Modify the transport input command.
The fourth step of the boot sequence is?
Flash Filesystem Initilizations
Which two statements are true regarding switch port security?
- Dynamically learned secure MAC addresses are lost when the switch reboots.
- If fewer than the maximum number of MAC addresses for a port are configured statically, dynamically learned addresses are added to CAM until the maximum number is reached.
Which action will bring an error-disabled switch port back to an operational state?
Issue the shutdown and then no shutdown interface commands.
In which type of attack does a malicious node request all available IP addresses in the address pool of a DHCP server in order to prevent legitimate hosts from obtaining network access?
Which command displays information about the auto-MDIX setting for a specific interface?
Which protocol or service sends broadcasts containing the Cisco IOS software version of the sending device, and the packets of which can be captured by malicious hosts on the network?
The first step of the boot sequence is?
Which interface is the default location that would contain the IP address used to manage a 24-port Ethernet switch?
Which type of cable does a network administrator need to connect a PC to a switch to recover it after the Cisco IOS software fails to load?
A console cable
What impact does the use of the mdix auto configuration command have on an Ethernet interface on a switch?
Automatically detects copper cable type
The sixth step of the boot sequence is?
Transfer control of the switch over to IOS
The second step of the boot sequence is?
Load the bootloader from ROM
Which event will take place if there is a port security violation on switch S1 interface Fa0/1?
Packets with unknown source addresses will be dropped.
The third step of the boot sequence is?
CPU register initializations
What can be determined about port security from the information that is shown?
The port violation mode is the default for any port that has port security enabled.
While troubleshooting a connectivity problem, a network administrator notices that a switch port status LED is alternating between green and amber. What could this LED indicate?
The port has no link.
When port security is enabled, a switch port uses the default violation mode of ________ until specifically configured to use a different violation mode.
A production switch is reloaded and finishes with a Switch> prompt. What two facts can be determined?
- A full version of the Cisco IOS was located and loaded.
- POST occurred normally.
Which two basic functions are performed by network security tools?
- Simulating attacks against the production network to determine any existing vulnerabilities
- Revealing the type of information an attacker is able to gather from monitoring network traffic
Which method would mitigate a MAC address flooding attack?
Configuring port security
What media issue might exist on the link connected to Fa0/1 based on the show interface command?
There could be too much electrical interference and noise on the link.
Which S1 switch port interface or interfaces should be configured with the ip dhcp snooping trust command if best practices are implemented?
Only the G0/1 and G0/24 ports
___________ communication allows both ends of a connection to transmit and receive data simultaneously.