Flashcards in 2016 (Week 20) Deck (25):
- начинити нејасним
- начинити неразумљивим
- not discovered or known about; uncertain.
- keep from being seen; conceal.
"gray clouds obscure the sun"
- food made with fruit preserved in sugar, such as jam or marmalade.
- a sphere of activity regarded as being reserved for a particular person or group.
"the civil service became the preserve of the educated middle class"
- a place where game is protected and kept for private hunting or shooting.
" National forests present more challenges than do private game preserves ."
- maintain (something) in its original or existing state.
"all records of the past were zealously preserved"
- obtain something from (a specified source).
- опасан подухват
- одважити се
- ставити на коцку
- a danger or risk.
"the hazards of smoking"
- chance; probability.
"And although he tries to concoct it, there is scant sense of hazard ."
- venture to say (something).
"he hazarded a guess"
- чистити метлом
- a long, swift, curving movement.
"a grandiose sweep of his hand"
- a comprehensive search or survey of a place or area.
"the police finished their sweep through the woods"
- clean (an area) by brushing away dirt or litter.
"I've swept the floor"
- having been deserted or cast off.
"an abandoned car"
- unrestrained; uninhibited.
"a wild, abandoned dance"
- покретна трака за трчање
- a device formerly used for driving machinery, consisting of a large wheel with steps fitted into its inner surface. It was turned by the weight of people or animals treading the steps.
"Where humans worked against gravity, as they did inside cage wheels and upon treadmills , we can calculate the power outputs."
- turn from liquid into vapor.
"cook until most of the liquid has evaporated"
- the action of anticipating something; expectation or prediction.
"her eyes sparkled with anticipation"
- the state of being uncertain.
"times of uncertainty and danger"
incorporate, unite, affiliate
- having a bodily form; embodied.
Paul displays a profound understanding both of the incorporate person of Christ and of the church as the Body of Christ, the corporate vessel.
- take in or contain (something) as part of a whole; include.
he has incorporated in his proposals a large number of measures
синоними: absorb, include, subsume, assimilate, integrate, take in, swallow up; include, contain, comprise, embody, embrace, build in, encompass
- constitute (a company, city, or other organization) as a legal corporation.
The defendant corporation was incorporated under, and subsists under, the laws of Ontario and has its head office in the City of Toronto.
Дефиниције за monetize
- convert into or express in the form of currency.
Will it be stabilised by fiscal transfers from other member countries or should the European Central Bank be allowed to monetise the accrued national debt?
affect, influence, have an effect, flow, disembogue
hit, affect, score, nail, plug
work, affect, influence
excite, thrill, stir, affect, stir up, disturb
move, impassion, affect, strike home
Дефиниције за affect
- emotion or desire, especially as influencing behavior or action.
By triggering affect and emotion, intolerant behaviors are set in motion.
- have an effect on; make a difference to.
the dampness began to affect my health
синоними: have an effect on, influence, act on, work on, have an impact on, impact, change, alter, modify, transform, form, shape, sway, bias
- pretend to have or feel (something).
as usual I affected a supreme unconcern
синоними: pretend, feign, fake, simulate, make a sho
verbal, oral, verbose
- опширан у говору
- претерано говорљив
- using or expressed in more words than are needed.
much academic language is obscure and verbose
синоними: wordy, loquacious, garrulous, talkative, volu
- именовати за заменика
- make (someone) a deputy.
some officers will be deputized as federal marshals
синоними: appoint (as a deputy), designate, delegate,
boring, tedious, teasing, annoying, bothersome
- causing irritation or annoyance.
синоними: irritating, infuriating, exasperating, maddening, trying, tiresome, troublesome, bothersome, nettlesome, obnoxious, irksome, vexing, cursed, vexatious, galling, aggravating, pesky
- irritate (someone); make (someone) a little angry.
your damned cheerfulness has always annoyed me
синоними: irritate, vex, make angry/cross, anger,
still, however, but
- како год
- ма како
- ма који
- како год
- ма како
however, howsoever, anywise
- како му драго
- used to introduce a statement that contrasts with or seems to contradict something that has been said previously.
People tend to put on weight in middle age. However, gaining weight is not inevitable
синоними: nevertheless, nonetheless, but, still, yet, though, although, even so, for all that, despite that, in spite of that, anyway, anyhow, be that as it may, all the same, having said that, notwithstanding, still and all
- in whatever way; regardless of how.
however you look at it, you can't criticize that
синоними: in whatever way, regardless of how, no ma
ennoble, refine, dignify
process, recycle, revise, refine, rewrite, adapt
purify, refine, percolate, rectify
- remove impurities or unwanted elements from (a substance), typically as part of an industrial process.
sugar was refined by boiling it in huge iron vats
синоними: purify, process, treat
power, might, potency, leverage, capability, faculty
power, force, strength, sturdiness, vigor, leverage
- снага полуге
- дејство полуге
- the exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever.
my spade hit something solid that wouldn't respond to leverage
синоними: grip, purchase, hold, support, anchorage, force, strength
- the ratio of a company's loan capital (debt) to the value of its common stock (equity).
- use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable.
a leveraged takeover bid
- use (something) to maximum advantage.
the organization needs to leverage its key resources
- чврсто се држати
adhere to, adhere, stick, cohere, cling
agree, fit, go along with, befit, adhere
- stick fast to (a surface or substance).
paint won't adhere well to a greasy surface
синоними: stick (fast), cohere, cling, bond, attach, b
retrieval, restitution, relapse, resumption, returns
- the process of getting something back from somewhere.
the investigation was completed after the retrieval of plane wreckage
a parking fine
execute, perform, carry out, commit, accomplish, implement
conduct, carry out, take, escort, put in, carry through
carry out, pilot, put into effect
carry out, get done, have done, transact, prosecute, embosom
spend, carry out, guide, put in, install, show through
achieve, realize, accomplish, materialize, bring about, carry out
fulfill, fill up, carry out, realize, implement, grout
state, put forward, introduce, bring up, carry
- put through, follow up, implement, go through, follow out, follow through
- fulfill, carry through, accomplish, execute, action
- a lack of compatibility or similarity between two or more facts.
there's a discrepancy between your account and his
синоними: difference, disparity, variance, variation, de