Flashcards in 3 Deck (33)
What is endophthalmitis? tx?
- infection of vitreous fluid
- swollen eyelids, hypopon (layer of leukocytes in anterior chamber), conjunctivitis
- tx: aspiration and vitrectomy, antibiotics via intravitreal route
What should you watch for in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease? Most common extrarenal manifestation?
- renal function decline-- treat with ACE-i
- hypertension (maintain <130/80), NOT extrarenal manifestation
- most common extra renal: hepatic cysts
- 10% have berry aneurysms, only needs to be screened for family with positive SAH hx.