Flashcards in Apology, Apostasy, Hellenization of Christianity Deck (4)
Who said, "What indeed has Athens to do with Jerusalem?"
What were the two basic methodological approaches to engaging those who sought to undermine the faith?
1. Argue for Christianity on the grounds of its opponents and antagonists
2. Argue for Christianity on its own basis and using its own terms and concepts
There is at least 6 concepts affirmed by Greek philosophy that helped to blend its beliefs together with those of the Bible?
1. It was monotheistic at its core
2. God was understood as the impetus and source of all things
3. God was eternal, immutable, and spirit
4. Spiritual reality behind, beneath, and above the present earthly realm
5. Affirmed the immortality of the human soul
6. Stressed the importance of moral living