Mention two important models of Quality improvement
- PDSA (plan, do, study, act) “actplandos”
- Six Sigma (DMAIC - define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
What is root cause analysis (RCA)?
- Fishbone or Ishikawa diagram (Cause and Effect diagram).
- Analizes a complex system and Id possible causes
- Diagram allows display and explore all possible causes
What are the outcomes measure of quality?
Final product or end result in patient care, Ex: HAI
How can the errors be categorized?
- Slips: observable, not intended, actions not carried as intended
- Lapses: Not observable, not intended, missed actions or omissions (forget)
- Mistakes: Intended actions is wrong, incorrect intentions (but Not bad intentions - don´t apply correctly guides to extubate)
Which are the type of errors?
+ No-fault errors
+ Cognitive errors
- Anchoring bias
- Confirmation bias
- Availability bias
Named and shortly define the others models of quality improvements
- Lean: reduce resources that don’t improve patients outcomes
- Flowcharts: steps involved in the delivery of patient
- Pareto charts: largue proportions of problems caused by small number of causes
- Run charts (time plots): Id true trend vs a random pattern over time
- All the tests of a quality improvement uses convenience sample - study group or population