Flashcards in Block 10 (Urban Management And The Challenges Of Continuity And Change) Deck (3)
What are the positive impacts of reimaging and regeneration on individuals?
- Cultural heritage may be preserved (Hull -2017- ‘city of culture’)
- Improved services (Westfield Centre, London)
- Improved accessibility + movement by pedestrianisation (New Street)
- Increased employment ops (Newcastle NE1 bid - over 300)
- Improved environmental qual (Eastside City Park)
What are the negative impacts of reimaging and rebranding on individuals?
- May be loss of cultural heritage (Chinese Quarter)
- May be budget cuts in other gov areas
- Services may not suit current population(The Mailbox - Harvey Nichols)
- Jobs may not suit current population (knowledge cluster around Aston Uni)
What are the positive impacts of reimaging and rebranding on businesses?
- Attracts more customers (Newcastle NE1 bid - 9.7 mill more/yr)
- Infrastructure/facilities improve to match changing economies
- Improved environment for workers (e.g. The Mailbox offices)