Flashcards in Chapter 17-Habitat Study Deck (6):
Name the 5 steps of a habitat study.
1. Mapping the habitat.
2. Recording the environmental factors.
3. Identifying the plants and animals.
4. Estimating the number and distribution of the plants and animals.
5. Writing a report.
Name 4 factors affecting the habitat.
1. Soil: pH, moisture content, type.
2. Weather factors: light intensity, rainfall, temperature, wind.
3. Physical factors: direction, height above sea level, slope.
4. Biotic factors: living factors like competition.
How can plants and animals be identified?
Using keys and books.
Name 3 methods of collecting animals.
Posters, pitfall traps, beating trays.
What is a quadrat?
A square frame used to estimate plant numbers.