What are interpersonal skills?
The skills to successfully interact with each other
How is verbal communication important for interactions?
Must know when to speak formally or informally
What is closed questioning?
where the answer will be one word or a very factual answer
What is open questioning?
where there is no obvious answer or where opinions are required
What dictates whether writing communication is formal or not?
- The organisations policies on document layout
- The receiver
- The legal importance of the document
What are the barriers to communication?
- Physical barriers such as deafness
What attributes make a person likely to be a more successful employee?
Who are professional bodies?
the same organisations that award industry certifications
What are the advantages of professional bodies?
- Help businesses to advertise jobs
- Provide professional training courses
What are the disadvantages of professional bodies?
- They are not free
- Does not guarantee individuals better career opportunities