Flashcards in Deck 6 Deck (16):
1. A drink, remedy, or extract prepared by soaking tea leaves or herbs in liquid
2. The introduction of a new element or quality into something
Represent as or by an instance
(be instantiated) (Of a universal or abstract concept) be represented by an actual example.
(Especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential
A slight knowledge or suspicion; a hint
The quality or state of being mediocre
A person of mediocre ability
An accusation in response to one from someone else
addendum (plural addenda)
An item of additional material added at the end of a book or other publication
A remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful
A symbol of plenty consisting of a goat’s horn overflowing with flowers, fruit, and corn.
An abundant supply of good things of a specified kind
A large theatre, cinema, or stadium
Prevent or hinder the progress of
1. Feel or express great loathing for
2. Curse; swear.
1. Offence or annoyance
2. Shade or shadow, especially as cast by trees.
1. Characteristic of the Devil, or so evil as to recall the Devil
2. Disgracefully bad or unpleasant